Pics of DR.SQUAT

Pics of DR.SQUAT

That is a close grip on that bench Doc. Why so close? Is because of shoulder problems?

And why are there no collars on the bar in the bench picture??

Methodman's picture

Pics of DR.SQUAT

Maybe because it's too light weight for doc.

BIG DADDY's picture

Pics of DR.SQUAT

The Stone wrote:
That is a close grip on that bench Doc. Why so close? Is because of shoulder problems?

And why are there no collars on the bar in the bench picture??

there's only a 165lbs on the bar he is just warming up.

BIG DADDY's picture

Pics of DR.SQUAT

that first photo does not look like its a picture of doc.

Pics of DR.SQUAT

Doc, isn't this Thomas Klose in the second pic?

Methodman's picture

Pics of DR.SQUAT

No it's joe ladnier. Do you notice that doc wrists are so straight? Yes the weight 154lbs is so light he is warming up as BIG DADDY said .

Pics of DR.SQUAT

BIG DADDY wrote:
that first photo does not look like its a picture of doc.

I could be wrong but I think it's a photo of Ed Coan. Definitely not the Doc.

cab

Pics of DR.SQUAT

The 1st pic is Joey deadlifting

The 2nd pic is me and a couple of guys from the German team

The 3rd pic is me warming up with 60 kg, with Dave Keaggy on the left, and Doyle Kenady and Larry Pacifico watching . The guy on the far right is one of the US coaches...forgot his name...been years.

That's the width grip I've always used.

Pics of DR.SQUAT

the fella that is deadlifting looks like a beast of a man!!

Does anyone know how much he weighs and how much he is lifting?

Pics of DR.SQUAT

Yes, Thomas Klose is one of the Germans.

BIG DADDY's picture

Pics of DR.SQUAT

Dr. Squat wrote:
The 1st pic is Joey deadlifting

The 2nd pic is me and a couple of guys from the German team

The 3rd pic is me warming up with 60 kg, with Dave Keaggy on the left, and Doyle Kenady and Larry Pacifico watching . The guy on the far right is one of the US coaches...forgot his name...been years.

That's the width grip I've always used.

DOC. i checked the guy in he far right is bob packer current tech. officer of the APC.

Pics of DR.SQUAT

Yeah...Bob Packer. How could I forget...

Pics of DR.SQUAT

Hi !
On the second picture (Den Haag WM 1986) the two Germans are Hans Frischkorn and Thomas Klose.
I made the trip from Odenwald/Germany to see Dr. Squat win the class -110Kg.

Shannon May's picture

Pics of DR.SQUAT

Quote:
That's the width grip I've always used.

Doc - forgive me if you've covered this before, but do you think using that grip helped to mitigate shoulder problems you otherwise might have had from benching?

Pics of DR.SQUAT

Yes, Shannon. The closer grip helped. That is why I used it.

Pics of DR.SQUAT

i think it also helps with pec tears, i ripped my pec over 10yr ago, and it recurs if i use wide grip, however, close in it is much better, so maybe thats also another advantage of using it if there is a likelihood of a pec tear or aggravating it,